Sunday, June 10, 2007

Leavenworth, WA - Sam Hill

What was supposed to be a Skaha weekend got cancelled due to weather and we instead decided to hit Leavenworth for the one sunny day - Sunday. Iona, Kathy T and I ran into Dave and Scott and we all joined up for some fine slab climbing on Sam Hill. Most enjoyable were Groping for Oprah's Navel and Contemplating Dog, which is what I felt like as I stood there determining my best option for the crux section with my head tilting from side to side.


Approaching Sam Hill




These two characters could compile a guide book of trouble making between them



Kathy setting gear in Sams n' Cams


Iona races Dave for the anchors




Yours truly in belay mode



Kathy smoking Oprah - did you know she smokes?

Heading up Blue Men Can't Sing The Whites

No comments: